About Mark Adrian Goodman
Mark received his Bachelor’s Degree from UC Berkley in 2001 and his law degree in 2005 from the University of San Francisco. He is licensed to practice law in both Nevada, California, and nationally in proceedings before the United States Patent Office. In order to achieve this designation, he was required to demonstrate a high level of understanding of United States patent law and regulations and hold a degree in a scientific or technical discipline.
Mark opened the Goodman Law Center in 2007, motivated to provide a unique approach to law practice. Mark strives be friendly, approachable, thoughtful, creative, and cost-effective. Mark sometimes even makes dealing with a legal problem fun.
Mark’s practice focuses on Patent Law, Trademark Law, Copyright Law, and Business Law related to innovation. Most of Mark’s clients are small to mid-size businesses, start-ups, and entrepreneurs.
Mark and his wife, Dr. Robyn Goodman, have 3 adorable children. The whole family loves to travel, ski, raft, hike, and do just about anything outdoors. Mark is also a former intercollegiate ice hockey and soccer player and continues to compete in recreational leagues.
Mr. Goodman has gained extensive experience in the Goodman Law Center’s main practice areas. Here is a sampling of the firm’s experience.
Patent / Trademark Law
- Drafting and prosecuting several United States patent applications including issued patents.
- Completed several patent searches and patentability opinions, and infringement analysis.
- Acquired United States Federal Trademark Registrations for many clients.
- Member of negotiation team on several intellectual property license negotiations and dispute resolutions.
Debt Relief/Bankruptcy Law
- Saved several client’s homes through successful negotiation of Loan Modifications
- Represented numerous debtors in Chapter 7 case through discharge
- Represented several clients through the Nevada Foreclosure Mediation Program
- Represented several clients in litigating wrongful foreclosure matters
- Representing several clients in “Adversary Proceedings”, which is a lawsuit within the bankruptcy case
- Represented many clients through Divorce
- Custody Disputes
- Completed a guardianship
- Name change petition
General / Business Law
- Coordinated the due diligence required for a prospective acquisition or partnership, Managing employees and outside counsel and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Formed a Nevada non-profit corporation and completed an application for tax-exempt status for this entity.
- Negotiated several dental practice sales
- Analyzed and litigated numerous contracts
- Negotiated professional employee contracts and independent contractor agreements